|Job Title:||Electronics Engineer||Visa Requirement||Must have right to work in UK|
|Reports to:||Head of Technology||Job Type||Full Time|
|Challenging and exciting opportunity for an Electronics Engineer to join an award-winning start-up company in the Aberdeen area.|
The successful candidate will support the company in their journey to transition from proof-of-principle technology development to a structured, medium volume manufacturing environment.
The technologies and products being developed will revolutionise chemical analysis of petroleum fluids. The Electronic Engineer will play a pivotal role in defining, delivering, testing, gaining regulatory approvals for and ultimately maintaining the electronic hardware and firmware of the product.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working on PCB design, testing & commissioning, and embedded software development.
- Provide the technical know-how to inform architectural choices, providing detailed analysis and recommendations for critical technical choices and decisions relating to electronics and embedded firmware, including but not limited to:
- Functional requirements of the company product portfolio.
- System robustness.
- Component supply-chain constraints.
- Component obsolescence.
- Planning and delivery of electronic systems (hardware and firmware) development tasks to meet the strategic business priorities. Emphasis on delivery, planning will be carried out in conjunction with line manager
- Electronic hardware bring-up, unit and system testing.
- Electronic hardware and embedded firmware diagnostics in company products.
- Quality assurance of electronic hardware and embedded firmware design, manufacture and operation
- Minimum 3 years of electronic product development, ideally for instrumentation, automation, robotics or sensor products.
- Experience of working within embedded systems projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Thorough knowledge of electronics and commercially available micro-controllers.
- Experience with PCB assembly and testing to component level.
- Fault finding/diagnostics
- ISO 9001 Quality Assurance procedures
- C, C# C++, python, Java script
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electronic Engineering or related STEM subject.
- Professional level embedded software skills including C / C++ and assembler language(s).
- Familiarity with software quality standards and software quality metrics.
- Comfortable in addressing technical challenges in both analogue and digital circuit design.
- Practical experience of IOT networks, HTTP/HTTPS protocols and OSI 7 Layer model.
- Clear written and oral communications skills, able to make the complex clear.
- Exceptional focus on quality with high attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of Linux build systems.
- Competent in use of PCB design platforms, e.g., Altium or CircuitStudio for schematic capture and PCB layout.
- Competent in testing and debugging of electronic hardware and firmware.
- Experience of layout with high-speed signal buses such as PCI, USB or Ethernet.
- Able to understand, analyse and test complex schematic circuits and PCB assemblies.
- Technical knowledge of embedded interfaces UART / I2C /SPI.
- Experience of VHDL or Verilog, working knowledge of FPGA/CPLDs.
- Experience in test driven development and ISTQB software testing.
- Good comprehension of electronics circuit simulation and analysis. LTSpice, Pspice
- Strong communicator, able to empathise and bring out the best from a team.
- Structured problem-solving skills combining technical know-how with problem solving techniques.
- Adaptable and comfortable in a fast-paced, highly hands on role.
- Team player.
- Ability to influence at all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure.
- Able to learn new technologies as required.
Interested? Send your application to email@example.com.